Here at Paines Plough we are always looking for ways to demystify the way we go about commissioning, producing and touring new plays in order to provide support for theatre makers at any stage of their careers through a programme called Insights.
As part of Insights we offer a flexible programme of work placements designed to support the study of students on university and drama school courses at MA or BA level with practical work experience of a busy touring theatre company. Please see below for information on how to apply for our Summer/Autumn 2018 programmes.
We’re looking for placements to join Team PP for either the Summer or Autumn:
- The Summer placement period will run for 11 weeks from 15 May to 27 July.
- The Autumn period will run for 12 weeks from 10 September to 07 December.
You will be in PPHQ 3 days per week, although this can be flexible depending on the placement and your personal study requirements, 10am-6pm with a one-hour break for lunch.
We have three placements on offer:
- Production Placement
- Administration Placement
- Marketing Placement
You can apply for as many roles as you feel you are qualified for.
Please detail the following in your cover letter:
- Your experience
- Why you are interested in Paines Plough
- What you hope to gain from the placement
- Which role or roles you are applying for
- Which period (Summer or Autumn) you are applying for
The deadline for applications is 10am 9 April.
You can download application packs for all three roles here: