Here at Paines Plough (PP) we’re passionate about bringing truly brilliant theatre to each corner of the UK, whether you’re in Liverpool or Lyme Regis, Middlesbrough or Maidenhead, we’ll be bringing one of our shows to you soon.
We tour all over map, which means we have audiences all over the map! PP CHAMPIONS is our new ambassador scheme looking to create a national team of 18-25 year-olds who are as excited about new plays as we are, and dedicated to championing theatre in their neighbourhood.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Passionate about theatre in their local area.
- Outgoing personality: approachable, social and eager to get along with different people.
- Great communicator.
- Connected and in-tune with their local area: knows how to spread the word effectively to a broad range of people.
- Strong understanding of social handles (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and a creative mind to match.
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
- Representing PP in your neighbourhood.
- Harnessing your social media channels to publicise the PP productions heading your way.
- Using your local knowledge and networks to introduce PP and your local theatre to new audiences.
- Engaging and exciting people about their local theatre venue and PP.
“I really enjoyed working with such a lovely, inclusive bunch of people… It was fantastic to feel like an important part of a large team…I had a ball, basically.”
Paines Plough Festival Team Member
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- All PP CHAMPIONS will be supported and line-managed by PP’s Assistant Producer Harriet Bolwell.
- All PP CHAMPIONS will be provided with a PP CHAMPIONS Tool Kit, providing you with everything you’ll need to get the word out to your area.
- PP CHAMPIONS will be paid at a rate £10 p/h, working for a maximum of 15 hours in the lead up to PP productions arriving at their local theatre. Hours will be logged on online timesheets to be submitted alongside an invoice and a signed PP Champion Agreement.
- Access to free tickets for you and a friend.
- The chance to network with other ambassadors and arts professionals.
- Working in collaboration with PP and our touring venues.
- Opportunity to develop networking, communication, organisational and marketing skills.
- A chance to be part of a nationwide network of like-minded theatre lovers.
- Signed playtexts.
- Meet the cast of PP productions.
- An insight into a career in theatre.
Please apply here.
You will be asked to upload your CV and/or a video application.
Submissions close on Thurs 25 October 2018 at 12 noon.
Successful applicants will be invited for a Skype interview the morning of 28 October.
- Must be 18 to 25 years-old.
- Must be based at an address with one of the following four areas in the UK: Lyme Regis, Middlesbrough, Guildford and Tunbridge Wells.
- Must have a UK bank account and required visas to work within the UK.
Please note you must be over 18 to apply for this position.
Whilst PP CHAMPIONS is in four areas for now, we are hoping to roll out more locations across the UK soon –keep your eyes peeled for more news on PP CHAMPIONS in your area.
If you have any questions or problems just give us a ring on 020 7240 4533 or drop Eman an email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paines Plough is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
We look forward to hearing from you!