Wednesday 09 May, 10.30am – 5.30pm @ The Actors Centre, London, WC2H 9NP
Wednesday 13 June, 10.30am – 5.30pm @ Theatr Clwyd, Mold, CH7 1YA
We’re running Open Auditions again!
As usual, we’re looking to meet actors previously unknown to Paines Plough with a passion for new writing. You can apply from now until 10am on 13 April.
We will be seeing 180 actors in London, with the 90 slots being filled randomly from the pool of applicants. For auditions at Theatr Clwyd we will be seeing 60 actors (in 30 slots) and preference will first be given to those living within 50 miles of Mold, with any remaining slots being allocated at random. We hope this means that everyone who wants to apply is able to, and that the selection process is fair to everyone.
Sounds good? This is how to apply…
- Find yourself a partner – we’re auditioning people in pairs. Make sure you only apply once as any duplicates (even if it’s with different partners) will be automatically excluded.
- Register by filling in this form by 10am on Friday 13 April. There’s no need to send in anything else in advance.
- If you are selected to audition, we’ll get in touch with you by Monday 16 April with an audition time – make sure you let us know if you can make it or not.
- If you’re not selected to audition this time, we will keep you on a waiting list and may offer you an audition if a slot becomes available.
- Once everything’s confirmed, please prepare a three-minute duologue from a play written in the last 15 years.
- On the day, all you need is your Spotlight or CV printout and your partner. Break a leg!
Some things to bear in mind:
- If you have auditioned for Paines Plough before (either at an Open Audition or as part of casting for a specific show), unfortunately we won’t be able to see you this time round.
- To give everyone a fair shot, agent or not, we only accept applications from actors so, if you have an agent, please apply using your own email address.
- Places are all allocated in advance. Due to high demand we can’t accommodate requests for a different time, and we will be unable to see people on a walk-up basis.
- If for any reason you can’t make your audition please let us know ASAP by emailing email@example.com. If you don’t turn up to your audition without letting us know in advance, you won’t be able to apply for future Paines Plough Open Auditions.
- We can only accept applications made with this form before the deadline.
- Due to the large volume of people we’ll be seeing, we unfortunately won’t be able to offer feedback.
- We aren’t casting for a particular show at the moment – we just want to meet some new actors so that we can bear you in mind for future productions.
- Check out our FAQs for more information about the application process and what to expect on the day, or ping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not sure about anything.
- Don’t worry if you don’t live in the area – we try to hold as many Open Auditions as we can throughout the year all around the UK. Join our mailing list or keep an eye on our social media for details of the next ones…
Hope to see you there!
You can download our FAQs here: Open Audition FAQs