We are looking for a Producer to form a key part of the Paines Plough team as we embark on an exciting new phase for the organisation under new leadership. You will lead on and support in delivering Paines Plough’s annual programme of work; specifically lead producing ROUNDABOUT, line-producing the mid-scale production and additional projects as required. The Producer is key to supporting the creation of exceptional theatre that reaches as wide an audience as possible.
We’re looking for someone who will encapsulate the company’s ethos – being open to
opportunity, collaborative and inclusive – and who can support the delivery of our
ambitions. You will be willing to travel across the country to represent Paines Plough and ensure we support our intention to be ‘local’, getting to know the communities we’re
Below is a list of the experience, skills and attributes we’re looking for but we know that not everyone can meet all of them. If you don’t think you have everything on the list but believe you could make a real difference to Paines Plough then we encourage you to make an application.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of producing, in a variety of settings, and on a variety of scales;
- Experience of developing partnerships across the theatre ecology;
- Excellent budgetary and financial management skills and ability to deliver on financial targets;
- Experience of fundraising and delivering on funding requirements;
- An enthusiasm for theatre and, in particular, new writing.
- An understanding and experience of the national touring ecosystem;
- Experience of marketing and audience development;
- Experience of supporting the generation of income, particularly through fundraising;
- Experience of delivering to Arts Council England’s funding agreements;
- A knowledge of and enthusiasm for Paines Plough and its work.
Person attributes and skills
- A demonstrable commitment to equality and inclusivity;
- Excellent people management with the ability to inspire and motivate;
- Warm, friendly and approachable in order to effectively build collaborations;
- The ability to take initiative and recommend ways to develop Paines Plough;
- The confidence to work independently but also as part of a team.
Paines Plough strives to be an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to
working towards a more diverse and inclusive theatre industry.
We welcome and encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and walks of life, particularly disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented within our team.
How to apply:
Once you have read the Producer Application pack, please complete and send
The deadline for applications is 12pm on Friday 20 March 2020. *
** Now pushed back to Sunday 22 March, given the extreme circumstances.
The first round of interviews will take place on Monday 30 March 2020. Please notify us of any availability issues in your email.
Team PP x